A Google workspace account needs a domain. To protect your domain verification is needed. Google will check the owner of the domain. the Your Domain needs to be used by you only. Protect the domain with google workspace. Every domain has a set of DNS Records. The DNS records are viewed by anyone on the internet. DND records tell the computers how to find your website and where to deliver the company’s email messages. Verify your domain or secondary domain quickly to use the google workspace service.
You must verify the domain within the first 9 days of your trial period. If your google workspace account has an unverified primary domain, it will be deleted. Adding the google workspace records make 10 minutes. Based on the domain host the verification time will change. After the records are active it can take up to one hour.
How to find your domain host?
The domain host is an internet service that manages the domain name. The domain hosts use the DNS records to connect the domain with email, website, and web services. Find your domain host with three methods check billing records, use the ICANN lookup, domain hosted by resellers, and third-party DNS hosts.
Check billing records
Check the billing records to know about the domain host is whom you bought the domain name. Search the email archive about the registration or transfer of your domain name.
Use ICANN Lookup online
- Search your domain host online by visiting lookup.icann.org.
- Enter your domain name in the search field and click lookup.
- Go to Registrar information. (The registrar is the domain host)
Domains hosted by resellers
Some of the domains are hosted by resellers through a separate registrar. If you can’t log in with your registrar/ the registrar field is blank, your domain hos is a reseller.
- Go to the ICANN Lookup page.
- Enter your domain name in the Search field.
- Click the lookup button.
- Go to the Raw registry RDAP Response.
- Look for the Reseller’s entry.
- Visit the reseller’s website.
- Sign in with the credentials when you purchased/ transferred your domain.
Third-party DNS Hosts
The third-party DNS hosting services offer custom DNS hosting. To access your domain records, sign in to your third-party DNS host. After identification of the hosting signup for the google workspace. Next, verify your domain.
How the verification of the domain works?
- Copy the verification code from the google workspace tool.
- Sign in to your domain registrar.
- Paste the verification code into the DNS records for your domain.
- After your domain registrar publishes your verification code google knows the ownership of your domain.
- If the domain is brought from a google partner your domain will be verified automatically.
- If you are not verified your primary domain, you will see the setup admin console prompt in the admin dashboard. If you follow the steps it will verify the domain.
How to add a verification code?
Find your DNS Records
- Open a new tab.
- Sign in to your registrar’s website.
- Find the page on your registrar’s site where you manage your domain.
4. Select the domain you are setting up and go to DNS records.
Add your verification code
- Copy the verification code from the setup tool.
2. Go to the registrar’s website and create a new TXT record.
3. Enter @ in the name/ host/hostname/Alias field.
4. Paste the verification code from the setup tool into the value/ Data/ Answer/Destination field.
5. Save a new TXT record.
Tell Google to verify your code
- Open the google workspace tool.
- Go to the page where you copied your verification code.
- Scroll to the bottom and click protect the domain.
4. Return to the google workspace tool (Add other users to your account/ Activate your Gmail for your organization)
Features unlock after verification
There are many features that unlock after the verification. By verifying your domain you can create user accounts, manage the user profiles, and control the password strength. Other features you get after verifying your domain. You can take full administrative control of all user accounts. You get mobile device management features and managed google groups for essential editions. You can switch to another google workspace edition. To know more about google workspace check here.
The following services are available with us for the clients.
- Google workspace
- Domain & Web hosting
- Website design & development
- Bulk SMS