Google Workspace offers a business version of Gmail to customers. Electronic email is the medium invented to send messages from one computer to another one. Some of the messages bounce after sending to the user. When you send emails to clients the email servers reject some of the emails sent. Bounce messages are automated messages from an email system. The email system tells the user that their previous message was not sent and bounced. The server returns messages to the sender. The steps to fix the email bounces are given here.
- The messages are bounced or rejected by the email servers.
- Common bounce replies are
- The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
- Message flagged as spam.
- The message was temporarily rejected.
- The recipient server did not accept our requests.
Common Bounced or Rejected Email messages
When the recipient address not working or exist anymore or you typed with a typo error the reply will be “The email account that you tried to reach does not exist”. If your message text / looks suspicious, you added a large number of recipients to Cc or Bc the following messages are displayed Messages flagged as spam and the message was temporarily rejected. If Gmail is not able to connect to the recipient’s email server the message displayed is the “recipient server did not accept our requests”.
Email bounces due to blocked IP address
When you send the email it bounces because the recipients blocked your IP address. When the IP address is blocked all the emails from the address bounce. If the user marks mail received from a particular IP address as spam, the server blocks that address. Even if you send a message from the IP address the mail will be bounced.
How to fix the email bounce due to IP address?
- First, ask the recipient to add the domain name to the approved sender’s list.
- If the recipient’s mail service does not support approved senders, the recipient’s IT admin must add Gmail sending IP address to an allowed list.
Messages from a Bulk Sender Bounce
While emailing a group you can get the messages like “Messages rejected by Google groups….. Review our bulk email sender guidelines’’. Because users who identified your IP address think that you sent spam-related messages. This made to cause messages to bounce.
How to fix the bounced group message
- Add the trusted senders’ IP addresses to the email allow list. After doing this bulk mail from the sender will no longer reported as spam.
- Add an SPF record for your domain to identify which mail servers are permitted to send emails on behalf of your domain.
- Customize the organizations’ spam filters to create an approved sender list to bypass any spam filters.
Message Bounce due to a policy rule
If the organization set up policy rules to filter email messages for content compliance, a user in your organization send an email that violates the rule the email bounces. The user gets an error message that the rule is violated. The policy violations are
- Compliance, routing, and a custom error message.
- Encryption error message.
Steps to fix the policy rule message bounce
- Fix the Compliance, routing, and a custom error message by examining the logs.
- If you have the policy rule that requires outgoing messages S/MIME encrypted/signed and Gmail can’t get a recipient’s public key and encryption fails. To fix the problems ensure that S/MIME keys are exchanged before rule enforcement.
We offer many services to our clients. The Services provided by us are
- Google workplace
- Domain & Web hosting
- Web Development
- Web Designing
- Digital Marketing
We offer google workspace to business clients. Get the google workspace at the offer price from us. To know about Google Workspace’s New User Account Addition check here. If you want to know more about us, see here.